US Politics | I found a kayaker on a buoy in the middle of the Channel – he’d ‘been there for 12 days’ after trip to Spain went wrong

A FISHERMAN who found a kayaker in the middle of the Channel was told he'd ...been there for 12 days... after a trip to Spain went wrong. Tunis Van Luut was sailing the English Channel on Thursday when he discovered Brit Ryan Ball clinging to a buoy wearing only swimming trunks. EMK-vissersBrit who claims he was out at sea for 12 days was rescued by a Dutch fishing boat on Thursday '/ ' EMK-vissersRyan Ball told his rescuer he had been trying to paddle to Spain from Dover '/ ' Kayaker Ryan, 28, told his rescuer he had been trying to paddle to Spain from Dover which ultimately failed. The Dutch skipper said Ryan insisted he had been out at sea since October 15 and on the buoy for four days prior to his rescue. Once the ship \- which had been fishing for three days \- spotted the seemingly exhausted Ryan, they called out to him. According to Tunis it was at this point he made a flag out of his clothes to wave them down. Read More on The Sun EAR ME OUT I bought cute earrings from Primark but they left my ears with huge holes STARTING BEEF My daughter's friend is raised vegan - I feed her meat because she's so pale Tunis said he ...wasn't ok... and was in a ...very bad... way. ...It was not possible for him to stand so we had two crew members on either side pick him up,... he told the Mirror. Concerned, the fisherman and his crew asked who he was, what he was doing and why he had no clothes on. ...He told me he wanted to go to Spain, but I said that is stupid because of the distance \- it's too far,... Tunis said. Most read in UK News phone horror Girlfriend forced to watch on Facetime as her boyfriend, 25, plunged to death TRAGIC CRASH Two friends died in crash after spending night at hospital for new baby birth SERIAL BLUNDER Bungling jail chiefs wrongly told woman her husband was dead in mix-up HELL-OWEEN I spent night at haunted orphanage that scares ghost hunters - it was terrifying FEELING LUCKY? Lotto results LIVE: National Lottery numbers tonight, October 29, 2022 RUSSIAN HACK SCANDAL Liz Truss phone 'HACKED by Russian agents working for Vladimir Putin' Once onboard ship De Madelaine, Tunis and his crew took the Jobless welder to France. Ryan claimed he had survived for 12 days by drinking rainwater and eating sea grass growing on the underside of the 3ft wide floating platform. But authorities in France said he could not have survived the cold more than 48 hours in his swimming trunks. Tunis said the lost Brit was drinking lots of water on the boat because he ...needed it... and was taken straight to hospital. ...He is very lucky to be alive, he was full of spirit to be alive \- I could see in his eyes, he was so happy to see us, he took us in his arms, when he was coming on board I could see his conditions was finished, he had nothing left to give,... he added. Previously speaking from his hospital bed in Boulogne, Ryan, from Oldham, told The Sun: "I get about a bit and I was down in Dover camping. "I'd been at sea for about six hours when I was swept out. I saw the buoy and grabbed it. "I dragged my kayak on to it but it was punctured. "In the end it sank. It had cost me £150 from Argos. "The waves were 25 or 30ft. I just thought I had to keep going. At night to sleep I tied myself to the post with my jumper. "I saw hundreds of ships passing by, but they never saw or heard me. I must have looked tiny." Ryan, suffering hypothermia and dehydration, said the crew who rescue him were fantastic. He said: "They were fantastic. I drank five bottles of water, three cans Fanta and one Coke straight down. Most read in The US Sun 'LACK OF CARE' Veteran's family slams cops who 'let Master of Disguise boyfriend escape' CRUCIAL BREAKTHROUGH First pic of man arrested in connection with Delphi murders revealed KNIFE HORROR Tragic details emerge after dad and daughter killed in horror Kohl's stabbing PAT HITS BACK Wheel of Fortune's Pat corrects player after she shares controversial opinion NOT THEIR BEST Today fans cringe after guest acts 'irritated' with Hoda & Jenna on live TV FINAL SMILE Chilling final pics of husband with wife moments before he pushed her off cliff "Now all I need is a kebab and a pint." Ryan was due to spend two weeks in hospital but ­discharged himself against medical advice yesterday ­afternoon. It was unclear whether he had sufficient cash, clothing or a passport. EMK-vissersThe ship \- which had been sailing for three days \- spotted Ryan and gave him water before taking him to hospital '/ ' EMK-vissersHe was taken to France for treatment '/ '

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.