Top News | I needed work so set up a pop-up stand on Tuesday and got a new job by the end of the week – here’s how


Fri, 26 Nov 2021 13:05:14 +0000
A PLUCKY job-seeker who used a billboard to pitch for work outside a Tube station on a Tuesday was offered a job by Friday. Haider Malik, 24, landed himself an interview just three hours after setting up his pop-up stand in London's Canary Wharf. 766BPMA young graduate looking for work set up a stand in Canary Wharf \- and was offered an interview within just three hours '/ ' 779BPMHeider Malik says his work ethic was inspired by dad Mehmood, who worked for up to 14 hours a day as a taxi driver '/ ' The stand, bought from a stationery shop in Romford, featured QR codes to the business and finance graduate's CV and LinkedIn page. Go-getter Haider, of Redbridge in East London, said he wrapped up warm with long johns underneath his suit before making his way to the busy financial district earlier this month. ...I got there at about 6.45am and stood for about ten minutes in the cold, and in the beginning, I felt really awkward,... he said. ...I was standing there empty-handed and my CV was in my bag, so I was hoping someone would come to me.... But as the morning wore on, he realised he couldn't wait for people to approach him \- and instead began greeting passers-by. ...I put copies of my CV in my hand and started wishing people a good morning,... he said. ...I got a lot of ...well dones' and people started congratulating me on my efforts, and then within an hour, 100 copies of my CV were gone. It was really crazy.... GRADUATE'S JOB HUNT Rather than printing more copies of the CV, he decided to get a QR code for the document instead so anyone walking past could download it into their phone. And within hours, he was offered an interview for a role at Canary Wharf Group PLC \- before realising a LinkedIn post about his efforts had gone viral. He said: ...The timing of it was crazy. It was like something you see in movies. ...And now I'm seeing recruiters replying to me from applications I submitted six or seven months ago now.... Haider, who graduated with first-class honours from Middlesex University, is now working as a treasury assistant after acing his interview. He was previously scouted to train as a professional cricketer, before taking on a job as an UberEats delivery driver. And he said his inspirational work ethic comes from dad Mehmood Malik. Things will never be handed to you, so you need to make a lasting impression ...My dad is 67 and was a migrant from Pakistan, coming over to England during his teenage years,... he said. ...He was a cab driver and would work maybe 12 to 14 hours a day. ...He would come home just in time to say goodbye to us as we went to school in the morning and I would always see him knackered but happy because he could give money to my mum. ...I've always been inspired by him because he made the best of what he had. ...I had the opportunity to go to school and university and maybe we take that for granted here, so we need to realise that the world is our oyster.... Haider says he now wants to help other job-seekers get into work. ...I want to continue to use my platforms to help other people, especially those who have struggled for work in the pandemic,... he said. Most read in News sleepover 'murder' Man 'raped girl, 11, before murdering her and pal, brother and mum' KILLER STORM Rare RED alert for Storm Arwen with 90mph winds & 3ins snow to spark BLIZZARDS IN THE DOCK Bobbi-Anne's family hurl abuse at musician in court accused of her murder BLOCK FRIDAY Black Friday chaos as 13 Amazon sites across UK BLOCKED by eco-warriors CAN PAY Channel 5 to pay out OCD sufferer who came home to find TV crew in her flat WHAT AN I-DEA Ikea offers mini 100-square-foot homes for just 75p a month ...I'm really big on helping people and mental health, and its so important to start getting yourself out into the world again. ...People get jobs a lot of the time because of who they know, rather than where they're educated to or what skills they possess, so I want to bridge this gap by showing people how they can take themselves out of their comfort zone. ...Things will never be handed to you by society and you can be yesterday's news or yesterday's applicant in two seconds, so you need to get yourself across in the right way to make a lasting impression.... 663BPMHeider is now working for company Canary Wharf PLC after acing his interview '/ '

Source:
I needed work so set up a pop-up stand on Tuesday and got a new job by the end of the week – here's how

VOUX

Politics News



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.